Counterbalance Forklift Training
The Counterbalance Forklift Truck is commonly used in industry both inside and outside of a warehouse due to its stability on rougher terrain than the Reach Truck can manage safely. Operators of the Counterbalance truck are required to hold a certificate of training which shows they have attended a training course and passed a test to a set national standard.
- Counterbalance Novice Training: 5 days
- Counterbalance Experienced Training: 3 days
- Counterbalance Conversion Training: 1 day
- Counterbalance Refresher Training: 1 day
- Counterbalance Instructor Training: 10 days
What skill level are you?
- View our Skill Level Definitions page to find out.
How to Book
- To book onto a Counterbalance course please click here to view available dates at the training centre
- To book training at a commercial premises or can't see the dates you want - call the sales team on 0845 6588342 or complete our on-line contact us form
- Safe-T-Solutions Training Centre or Commercial/ Private premises with access to a Counterbalance Forklift.
Through Safe-T-Solutions, the Counterbalance forklift refresher or conversion course can count towards 7 Driver CPC Hours
Note: This course has been approved by the relevant accrediting bodies and complies with both the Health & Safety Executives Guidance HSG6 & Approved Code of Practice L117.
Safe-T-Solutions hold ITSSAR accreditation and NPORS accreditation and are able to offer Forklift truck training at customer premises around the UK or at one of our training centres. Certificates can be restricted to "in-house" to suit the job role of the operator or nationally accredited with ITSSAR or NPORS
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, PUWER 98 & LOLER 98
- Operators Safety code
- Re-fuelling and Re-charging of Gas, Electric or Diesel Counterbalance Forklift truck
- Pre-use checks
- Factors affecting stability
- Motive and hydraulic controls of the Counterbalance
- Manoeuvring the Forklift Truck in open and confined areas
- Stacking at different levels
- De-stacking with laden and un-laden pallets
- Loading and unloading lorries with the Counterbalance
- Theoretical assessment of 5 open and 20 multiple choice questions, which can be conducted orally where language barriers or literacy difficulties exist.
- Practical Test of basic operating skills, confirming skills taught on the Forklift training course
- PDF ITSSAR accredited certificate - no extra charge
- Printed ITSSAR accredited certificate £4
- Credit card style photo ID card - £10 + vat (+ £2 for second truck to be added at the same time)
- NPORS accredited certificate & photo ID - £27.50