Counterbalance Forklift Training
The Counterbalance Forklift Truck is commonly used in industry both inside and outside of a warehouse due to its stability on rougher terrain than the Reach Truck can manage safely. Operators of the Counterbalance truck are required to hold a certificate of training which shows they have attended a training course and passed a test to a set national standard.
- Counterbalance Novice Training: 5 days
- Counterbalance Experienced Training: 3 days
- Counterbalance Conversion Training: 1 day
- Counterbalance Refresher Training: 1 day
- Counterbalance Instructor Training: 10 days
What skill level are you?
- View our Skill Level Definitions page to find out.
How to Book
- To book training at a commercial premises please call the sales team on 0845 6588342 or complete our on-line contact us form
- Commercial/ Private premises with access to a Counterbalance Forklift
- Training centre in Peterborough.
Through Safe-T-Solutions, the Counterbalance forklift refresher or conversion course can count towards 7 Driver CPC Hours
Note: This course has been approved by the relevant accrediting bodies and complies with both the Health & Safety Executives Guidance HSG6 & Approved Code of Practice L117.
Safe-T-Solutions hold ITSSAR accreditation and NPORS accreditation and are able to offer Forklift truck training at customer premises around the UK. Certificates can be restricted to “in-house” to suit the job role of the operator or nationally accredited with ITSSAR or NPORS
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, PUWER 98 & LOLER 98
- Operators Safety code
- Re-fuelling and Re-charging of Gas, Electric or Diesel Counterbalance Forklift truck
- Pre-use checks
- Factors affecting stability
- Motive and hydraulic controls of the Counterbalance
- Manoeuvring the Forklift Truck in open and confined areas
- Stacking at different levels
- De-stacking with laden and un-laden pallets
- Loading and unloading lorries with the Counterbalance
- Theoretical assessment of 5 open and 20 multiple choice questions, which can be conducted orally where language barriers or literacy difficulties exist.
- Practical Test of basic operating skills, confirming skills taught on the Forklift training course
- PDF ITSSAR accredited certificate - no extra charge
- Printed ITSSAR accredited certificate £4
- Credit card style photo ID card - £10 + vat (+ £2 for second truck to be added at the same time)
- NPORS accredited certificate & photo ID - £27.50