Counterbalance Forklift Training
The Counterbalance Forklift Truck is commonly used in industry both inside and outside of a warehouse due to its stability on rougher terrain than the Reach Truck can manage safely. Operators of the Counterbalance truck are required to hold a certificate of training which shows they have attended a training course and passed a test to a set national standard.
- Counterbalance Novice Training: 5 days
- Counterbalance Experienced Training (ITSSAR / RTITB): 3 days
- Counterbalance Experienced Operator Assessment (NPORS): 1 day
- Counterbalance Conversion Training: 1 day
- Counterbalance Refresher Training: 1 day
- Counterbalance Instructor Training: 5 / 10 days
What skill level are you?
- View our Skill Level Definitions page to find out.
How to Book
- To book training at a commercial premises or one of our training centres please call the sales team on 0845 6588342 or complete our on-line contact us form
- Commercial/ Private premises with access to a Counterbalance Forklift
- Training centre in Peterborough or Doncaster.
Through Safe-T-Solutions, the Counterbalance forklift refresher or conversion course can count towards 7 Driver CPC Hours
Note: This course has been approved by the relevant accrediting bodies and complies with both the Health & Safety Executives Guidance HSG6 & Approved Code of Practice L117.
Safe-T-Solutions hold NPORS accreditation and are able to offer Forklift truck training at customer premises around the UK or at sites near Doncaster or Peterborough. Certificates can be restricted to “in-house” to suit the job role of the operator or nationally accredited with NPORS. Through the Peterborough training centre we can offer ITSSAR or RTITB accreditation
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, PUWER 98 & LOLER 98
- Operators Safety code
- Re-fuelling and Re-charging of Gas, Electric or Diesel Counterbalance Forklift truck
- Pre-use checks
- Factors affecting stability
- Motive and hydraulic controls of the Counterbalance
- Manoeuvring the Forklift Truck in open and confined areas
- Stacking at different levels
- De-stacking with laden and un-laden pallets
- Loading and unloading lorries with the Counterbalance
- Theoretical assessment of 5 open and 20 multiple choice questions, which can be conducted orally where language barriers or literacy difficulties exist.
- Practical Test of basic operating skills, confirming skills taught on the Forklift training course
- PDF in-house certificate - no extra charge
- Printed in-house certificate £5
- NPORS accredited certificate or photo ID - £30
- NPORS accredited certificate and photo ID - £40
- ITSSAR accredited printed certificate - £12
- RTITB accredited printed certificate - £12